The Wells Theatre Festival has launched a crowdfunding campaign to raise money to support community activity around the first ever Theatre Festival. The fundraising campaign run through crowdfunding website Kickstarter has a target of £8000 which must be raised my 23 April. Money raised will help fund the running costs of the community production of Romeo and Juliet and ensure that as many young people have the opportunity to take part through the provision of transport to and from the festival for local school children.
Ros Johnson, Artistic Director of the Wells Theatre Festival said: “The festival will go ahead whatever happens and we are doing really well with generous sponsorship from a number of local businesses which is making this possible. However at the heart of this festival is the objective of ensuring that the local community, and most especially young people, have the chance to experience high quality theatre and get the opportunity to participate themselves. To make this possible we need to raise £8000 through Kickstarter by 23 April.”
Encouraging people to support the Kickstarter campaign, Patron Dame Judi Dench said; “It is wonderful to be able to introduce young people to Shakespeare. Hopefully, they will be hooked for the rest of their lives, as I was. I am thrilled to be a Patron of such an exciting and ambitious venture as the Wells Theatre Festival”.
How will the money be spent?
- £5.00 will pay for a Primary aged child to attend a world class children’s show at the festival
- £10.00 will pay for a new copy of the Romeo and Juliettext for a cast member or pay for the hire of a theatrical lamp
- £25.00 will pay for the hire of a costume for Romeo & Juliet
- £50.00 will pay for the Hire of the Alms Houses Chapel for performances
- £100.00 will pay for a PA system in one of our venues or pay for one of our interactive educational children’s performers
- £200.00 will pay for transport for 50 primary school children to attend the festival
- £500.00 will pay for the Romeo and Julietscenery and backdrop
To donate visit the Kickstarter website www.bit.ly/WTfest18
For further information contact Alex Holdaway PR Consultant on 07884311035 or email@example.com